*** REARRANGED FIXTURES ***
April 8pm Handicap Cup and Yale Final Brymbo Sports and Social
May L21 final round of Div 1 League games.
Next Committee Meeting is on Monday 12th March at the Lager Club -
7.30 pm start
Griffin v Grapes
Overton v Catholic Club
Greyhound v Buck
Telford v Hole in Wall
Red Lion v Magers
Johnstown Legion v Bowling Green
New Inn v Lager
Bangor Accs v Horse and Jockey
Apologies for recent problems with the fixtures page not loading, a
typo had crept in along the way!
Pete is setting a charity quiz for Wrexham Food Bank.
Friday 23rd February 8:30pm at the Lager Club
Teams up to 6
Congratulations to the Horse & Jockey who won the Christmas Quiz
Thanks to John for setting questions for the first half of the
Fixture Cards - if any team have not received these yet please email
If any teams have not yet paid their fees for the seaon, please
email Dave Wilkinson for Diane's contact details
Draws for the next round of Cup competitions have been held and the
fixture list will be updated on the website
In the case of friendly matches questions will be sent to
all teams - can the Away team please contact the Home team to make
sure they are still running the quiz
Next Committee Meeting is on Monday 17th February at the Lager Club
- 7.30 pm start
Committee Meeting on Monday 19th February at the Lager Club. 7.30pm
1. Diane has broken her ankle and is somewhat immobile. We all wish
you a speedy recovery Diane.
2 . Martin Kilcoyne has asked Keith Morris to set the Cup Questions.
Thank you Keith we look forward to your brainteasers.
3. I have booked the Catholic Club for the Christmas Quiz on 19th
December. Pete is the question setter.
4. Caergwrle Social Club did not receive their questions on the 28th
November. I don't know why as I have been receiving questions on
It is the Home Team's responsibility to ensure questions have
been delivered to the venue.
Phone Brian Carr or Dave Wilkinson in case of problems with
questions - their phone numbers can be found on fixture cards.
5. Christmas Quiz Tuesday 19th December at 8:30pm, please arrive
early for a prompt start.
Raffle in aid of Nightingale House. Prize donations are most
Have a Good Season Everybody!
Congratulations to The Grapes, who won the Colin Hughes Trophy.
*** FIXTURES FOR THE 2017 - 2018 SEASON ARE NOW AVAILABLE ***
1. No matters arising from the AGM. As discussed fees for the
2017/18 season are staying at £60 per team.
2. All question setters have been contacted and will be continuing
for this season.
3. Most teams have now registered for this year - Committee members
will be in touch with anyone we haven't heard from yet.
4. Fixtures and divisions are being drawn up and will be updated
ASAP with cards sent out to teams at the start of the season.
5. Preliminary dates for the start of the season are 3rd October for
the Colin Hughes Trophy (at the Lager Club), 10th October for the
first League match for all teams.
6. Teams qualified for the Colin Highes Trophy are the Greyhound,
Hole in the Wall, Catholic Club, Bowling Green, Telford, Red Lion,
Grapes, Magers, Railway, New Inn, and the Johnstown Legion. All
others are welcome to attend if they like.
7. Please keep sending news to David Wilkinson - this will be passed
on to Mark Sumner who has now taken on responsibility for all of the
website including Latest News.
Next Committee Meeting 3rd Oct 7:30pm at the Lager Club, befote the
Colin Hughes Trophy.